Robert is a founding partner at Tatum & Atkinson, PLLC. Robert’s practice today focuses on representing people who have been injured or harmed when someone else is at fault.
Robert received Bachelor of Science degrees in Accounting and Business from the University of Virginia and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of North Carolina. Robert also served seven years with the United States Army in the Military Intelligence Corps and with Special Forces, participating in Operation Just Cause in Panama in 1989, Operation Desert Storm in Iraq in 1990 and Operation Noble Eagle in Afghanistan in 2001.
During law school Robert was a Senior Staff Member on the Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation and participated on the National Moot Court team. He is licensed to practice in all North Carolina state courts, all of the Federal District Courts in North Carolina, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.S.
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Phi Alpha Delta
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates
- 100 Top Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
for membership qualifications. We do not represent that similar results will be achieved in your case. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
- United States District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court Western District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- US Bankruptcy Court, Western District of North Carolina
- United States Supreme Court
- US Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Northern District of West Virginia